29 November 2007

Still here, still knitting

My apologies, kind readers, for the lack of knitted bits of late. I have been knitting, just haven't been posting photos. All shall be well.

Look - knitting!

This was Kidlet's cardigan on the 19th, and this is after binding off last night:



I loved using the Malabrigo for this pattern. Not only is it soft to knit, but the color changes are spit-felted as you go - I only had six yarn ends to weave in! (It still needs light blocking and six buttons, but I call that done.)

pattern: The Essential Cardigan, from Top-Down for Toddlers by Cabin Fever
yarn: Malabrigo Worsted Merino
needles: Denise Interchangeables, US#9
size: 2+
I've also begun making felted nest ornaments for holiday giving. They knit up soooo quickly! This photo is pre-felting (nests will go in the washing machine, while the egg roving is to be needle felted).

I have a photo of Kidlet to share from Thanksgiving weekend. Back story: I was knitting at Nana and Papa's house, and as I removed DPN's from my work, I was sticking them through my hair on the top o' my grand head. This puzzled Kidlet as she tried sticking the needles into her head. We then created a special knitting needle hairdo so her fine hair could hold them as well:

She is so durn funny!

It's finals week for my students, so my teaching schedule is a bit intense. Today, for example, I started at 7:30 a.m. and taught 17 voice lessons (a.k.a. Long Day's Journey Into Choir Rehearsal). Meema is tired. G'nite.

3 comments:

Cate said...

What a beautiful sweater! I made Bea a knit washcloth for the kitchen sink she has and that is as far as I have got this year. Better luck soon I hope. Have a good day!

Scott Rohr said...

Meema is so good to us: she blogs even when tired to the bone. Good knittin' my dear.

Knitting Linguist said...

I love that sweater! And I really love the idea of so few ends to weave in -- very nice :) I hope that you have made it through finals successfully... :)