04 September 2007

Decisions, decisions

After consulting various parties, the sweater will be completed and put away until it's closer to fitting Kidlet (I only have about 3 inches to go on the body). I have some KnitPicks Shine in Orchid and Green Apple that would suit the sweater. I had originally purchased it for a specific pattern, but for the life of me, I can't remember what that could have been. I've got to start writing things down - oh, I am.

I need to put in a plug for KnitPicks. They are an amazing yarn source! They purchase directly from the fiber mills, avoiding the distributor middle-man, thereby providing a great selection of product at fractions of large label costs. I've used them for several projects, especially where the yarn quantity or fiber would be cost prohibitive. They are one of the few yarn vendors in my favorites list.

Another yarn obsessive thing I've been partaking of lately is podcasts. I only wish I had learned sooner that you don't need an iPod to listen! It surprised me that there are so many specifically knitting podcasts out there, and they are the perfect thing to listent to as you knit. It's almost like sitting in a stitch-and-bitch, but whenever and wherever you want. I have developed a few favorites:
Lime & Violet, Knitters Uncensored, Cast On, KnitPicks Podcast, and Stash and Burn. Check them out.

No comments: