03 October 2007

Freedom

The Renaissance Festival is over for the season. :-D As much as I love participating, it's exhausting once school starts: five days of teaching, two 12-14 hour days of Festing. We were wiped out after packing up the shop on Sunday night. Driving home, though, I was giddy with the knowledge that I have zero work commitments on Satrudays now!

There has been scant progress on the knitting side of life, thanks to The-Site-Which-Must-Not-Be-Named. I do have a battle plan for the Elizabethan stockings, though, and have knit the top band of garter stitch and begun the stockinette decreasing to the knee. I'm excited about this project - very excited, actually, as it's my first crack at designing a fitted garment. This is also what scares me to death and stands to threaten my progress. I think I need to learn how to embrace frogging as constructive.

No comments: