24 March 2008

I [heart] Carl

As an avid Minnesota Public Radio listener, there are several shows I look forward to on a regular basis. Car Talk makes me laugh uncontrollably, especially if I imagine my father's reaction. Wait, Wait - Don't Tell Me is another favorite. It's a weekly news quiz show with an outrageously intelligent and clever panel. The best part is the prize: Carl Kasell, the show's official Judge and Scorekeeper, records the outgoing message on your home answering machine. You may not understand this, but
I.
Covet.
This.
Prize.

And today I heard one!!!! While "working" at The Yarnery I was contacting customers who pre-ordered the Yarn Harlot's new book, and, lo and behold, the dulcet tones that met my ear were left by one Mr. Kasell. Sigh. Some people have all the luck - or at least know their weekly news trivia.


1 comment:

Knitting Linguist said...

Oh, wow. I, too, have long wished I had even close to enough knowledge of current events to win that prize! Can you imagine how much fun it would be to have him on your answering machine?