31 December 2007

The seventh day of Christmas

A day late, but worth the wait? You'll have to be the judge of that. Here are the previously undocumented elements of Christmas giving:

Recycled Sweater Totes
These are listed in my sidebar FO's, but I never did blog about them. Last year I purchased a pile of thrift shop wool sweaters with the intent of re-purposing them a la Alterknits. Felted in the washer, cut and sewn, they became handy dandy totes. Made eight total. Kinda green, kinda cool.

Stitch Markers

I've been looking at markers on Etsy for months, and it finally dawned on me, "Oh, yeah, I can bead and bend wire." It's been a while, and it was nice to use those skills again. Made six sets with various stones and sterling wire. This is my first design, so we'll see how they evolve. Maybe I'll find a retail outlet somewhere...


1 comment:

Scott Rohr said...

Ms. P is wrong about "kinda cool." The bag, in person, is literally the coolest bag I have ever seen. It is constructed perfectly, and is an ideal mix of urban, hip, and crafty. I love it so much that I am very seriously thinking of carrying a purse.

And the stitch markers are great, too. Love them, and you, Ms. P!