10 July 2008

SA (Stashers Anonymous)

You may have seen the warning signs.

A basket here, under-the-bed containers there, an innocent bag hanging on a chair. The fiber is everywhere, and you have no idea how much there really could be. Time for action.

You can ask, "How big is your stash?" until you are blue in the face, but only when the patient is ready will they take a deep breath and say, "It's big. Taller than me."

Hi, my name is Meema, and I'm a stashaholic.

I can't pinpoint the straw that broke my camel's downy back, but I came home the other day with five transparent totes, pulled yarn from all known stashing points, and set to work sorting by weight.

Crap. A bad sign: I needed more totes.

If you want all the gory details, visit my stash page if you're on Ravelry (I'm Meema there as well). Tote content, top to bottom: random worsted, heavy worsted/aran, Cascade worsted, bulky/novelty/laceweight, fingering/sock, Malabrigo worsted, sport/DK.

There are many more impressive stashes out there, I'm sure. Come clean with me, people. How is your relationship with your stash?

1 comment:

Cate said...

We don't have much of a yarn stash but I wouldn't rule it out as a future issue!
This post reminded me of the SNL? 'You put your WEED in it' skit. I don't know why. It probably has something to do with the lateness of the evening and the fact that I should be sleeping!