12 January 2008

A Norsk by any other name

[Due to technical difficulties, yesterday's blog was created in a Word doc, then saved for transmission when an Internet connection could be secured. Really, I can document it.]

[Never mind. Thanks, Scott!]

Kidlet has a very Norwegian name - a Norwegian goddess, actually - followed by my uber-Norse surname. Not a drop of the blood in her, but you'd never know to hear her. Today [Saturday] she was playing with her pogo-ball-whatever and, out of the blue, said, "Uff da, this ball sure is heavy!" (No hyphen, eWAC.)

In other maternal news, Kidlet and I planted her Chia Turtle. No, I didn't buy it for her; this was my sister's doing. I can't knock it or Sis, though. Whatever Sis chooses for Kidlet turns to pure gold - the Chia, the Ten Tiny Tadpoles book which must be read every night she spends in St. Paul, the Sit-n-Spin... If you need gift suggestions for the preschool set, I'll hook ya up with my sister. Anyway, the Chia was exciting even while soaking overnight in a bowl of water, let alone smearing slimy seeds on its shell. I love this age! Watch for Chia updates to come.

Side comment on all things Chia: doesn't it seem like the logical animal to bear a growing fluffy coat would be a sheep? I'm just sayin'.

3 comments:

Knitting Linguist said...

Don't they have chia sheep? Because frankly, a turtle with green growing all over its shell is not a healthy turtle. The Kid sure looks excited, though, so it's all good :)

Bea said...

Cute.

Scott Rohr said...

Just so you know, you can change the date and time of your post in Post Options, so that this post shows on the 12th, the day it was written.